11/21/2013

A little bit of life (& fitness)

Just a little bit of my life today. That's all I have for you. I don't plan on regularly inundating you all with the boring details of my personal life, but I figured since most of you have hardly heard a thing from me in 4+ months, I'd post a few little things from the past week.

So if you follow me on Instagram, you're aware that I went hunting (and ate my weight in pancakes) with my husband this past Sunday-Tuesday. It was my second time ever hunting, and I feel like I can't even say that I actually hunted. Because what I actually did (other than eating copious amount of afore mentioned pancakes) was sit in the woods in the blind and play solitaire on my phone. I also fell asleep sitting up and started snoring. Maybe that's why we didn't see any deer...


A rose my husband left in my car and I found on my way out of work Sunday afternoon. Swoon. He's magical. ;) Must be pre-payment for going hunting for three days!

Calories galore. I regret nothing!

My cute little husband and I in the woods. I could just eat him up! Don't gag!

And of course, stylish as ever in the woods with my ponytail similar to that of Michelle Tanner from Full House, and my giant camo hunting boots. It was a fun little trip! Though hunting isn't necessarily my jam, being away from home and pancakes are. :)

Also, one of the things I've probably gotten the most e-mails/questions about is my diet & exercise regiment. I'm always a little cautious to do full-on posts about my diet & exercise because I've just done so much experimenting in the last year, I hate to commit to a post and say "This is what I eat, I swear it makes you skinny!" only to find later that that type of diet made me tired/cranky/fat/whatever. And by diet I don't mean any kind of crash diet or anything unhealthy like living off of Special K and protein bars, but just a set diet that focuses on a certain number of macro-nutrients (fat, carbs & protein) and amount of calories. Also, to tell someone what I eat and expect it to work for them without them also doing exactly what I do in the gym is not going to be good for them either. At the end of the day, you've kind of got to just experiment with your diet (ALWAYS staying within the realm of healthy and balanced!) and your workout regiment to find what works for you, because what works for me may not work for you. But let me know if you guys would be interested in more fitness posts, or at post about my diet/exercise, or any other questions. Lord knows that for those of you who follow me on Instagram are probably getting pretty used to all the shots of me flexing my little baby biceps or posting about my workouts. ;) You've probably also seen the following videos, but in case you haven't... who wants to be impressed by my muscles?!?! (That first video, I deadlifted 135 pounds, my friends!)



And then there's me, today, just chillin' at my desk at work. A little sleepy, a little thoughtful, and certainly looking forward to Thanksgiving next week! Matt and I will be visiting his family in Grand Rapids, and I'm excited to see family and eat tons of delicious food. And then spend the following three days in the gym trying to work it all off. 'Cause that's the best way to maintain a healthy weight, right?** 


 **No. Not how it works. ;)

6 comments:

  1. You look amazing! I'm just starting to eat healthier and work out again, so I'd love to hear more about your exercise, fitness, eating, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always down to see what other people do to stay healthy and it sounds like you have a great handle on it that isn't crazy fanatical. So I say post away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I do the exact same thing in the blind! I sleep sitting up with a painful crick in my neck, larry wakes me up when deer come out, I get bored watching the deer, and play games that don't require the internets on my phone (because of course, there is no signal in the woods).

    2. PLEASE do share some fitness posts! I don't want to be skinny fat anymore, and maybe just maybe you could inspire me to get my butt off the couch in the evenings and eat a LITTLE healthier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I have never been hunting, but you and your husband are so dang cute! :) And I WOULD LOVE MORE FITNESS posts. Seriously, you are such an inspiration! GOSH I cannot believe you in those videos, get it guuuurl! I am getting my butt to the gym tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang woman, you have a smokin' bod! I'm totally jealous, but at the same time, I know that I don't have the discipline as you to work out so hard as you do, so I can't be jealous because you totally earned it. Congrats on that deadlift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was looking for health tips, and here I found it all. We are established to deliver trusted and reliable Car Locksmiths in San Antonio TX, and it's surrounding.

    ReplyDelete